Every educational practitioner is eligible to join IICEP. Membership levels are as follows:
1. Student- This category is for students enrolled in tertiary institutions or undergoing training at IICEP.
2. Graduate (GIICEP): Graduate members are recent tertiary institution graduates or students who have been certified by IICEP.
• Affiliate membership: Intentional Members from non-educational backgrounds who do not hold a Ph.D.
3. Certified Associate (CAIICEP): Members in this grade are experienced graduates or those who have been promoted from the graduate level.
4. Chartered Member (CMIICEP): Chartered Members are promoted from the Certified Associate level and must have passed the IICEP qualifying examination.
5. Associate Fellow (AFIICEP): AFIICEP is a step up from Chartered Member. An experienced Certified Associate, on the other hand, can be promoted to Associate Fellow on the recommendation of the relevant committee to the Governing Council.
6.Fellow (FIICEP): based on a favorable recommendation from the appropriate committee, experienced Chartered Members can be promoted to Fellows. He or she must also have extensive teaching/lecturing experience. Non-educational practitioners, on the other hand, who have made significant contributions to the advancement of education can be named honorary Fellows of the institute.
•Doctoral fellow: Members with a non-educational background who wish to pursue a Ph.D. This includes the supervision of a thesis of at least 35,000 words.
7. Companion (CIICEP): This grade is reserved solely for former two-term IICEP Presidents and Registrars. Outstanding Ministers of Education and democratically elected Presidents, on the other hand, can be appointed companions.
8. Corporate: This is the grade for corporate bodies/organizations